Monday, June 29, 2009

Window Garden



When I had to stop being a stay-at-home mom, and had to go work in an office, I mentioned to the Erratic Genius that I missed the hours of gardening that I used to indulge in while he and the Word Wizard dug for dinosaur bones, ran through the sprinkler, made mud messes, and entertained me endlessly with stories, laughter, and made-up songs.

Soon after he created a faux stained glass window garden for my office (see picture) - he was only 8 years old.

(Sadly, when my office was relocated to another building, I had to leave the garden behind - the sun had baked it to the glass. Notice the four leaf clover.)

4 comments:

Jen G said...

what a beautiful thing to do - and I see why he is called Erratic Genius!

Lynn said...

That's lovely! I can't believe he was only 8. Is he still making art?

Woodsy said...

Jen G, Oh, you have not seen anything quite yet... just wait...

Lynn, Yes he still is making art...

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous idea